Physicians & Interested Parties
At ESKA Orthopaedic, we appreciate your interest in our pioneering and unique technology for extending mobility to amputees, which has been backed by decades of scientific publications.
Our primary guiding principle is:
The patient is our focus. Improving his or her quality of life by restoring mobility is our top priority.
The path to an endo-exo treatment leads via the prosthesis consultation in an appropriate clinic. Here the interested patient will present himself to you, you will discuss the individual indication, have an X-ray taken with the prosthesis in place, the stump to the femoral head in the A-P and in the L-M direction.
This is all it takes to determine whether and when the patient’s wish to enter a world without a shaft-guided prosthesis will come true.
After the patient consultation described above and the indication established by you, the medical planning takes place with our medical device consultant. Here, the three X-ray images available are read into our mediCAD planning tool and you plan the course of the medical intervention with us. In particularly difficult cases, we are happy to support you with a team that has more than 50 years of experience in the field of revision.
The starting point for planning is below the lesser trochanter to ensure a load-bearing bony connection. Taking the CCD° as the zero starting point and individual pivot point, the end of the bone is defined as the interface.
The curvature of the femur is also taken into account in the lateral view to ensure positive insertion of the stem. PressFit technology is used to connect the stem to the bone.
Of course, the complete planning of the restoration is professionally documented in writing.
The Endo-Exo-System is a German system according to Dr. Grundei. The medically planned individual stem (custom-made) with open space structure has a healing time of three to six months.
The surgery is performed in two steps:
Step 1: In the first step, the endo pedicle is implanted.
Step 2: After eight to twelve weeks, during which the endo pedicle connects to the bone, the stoma is opened and the passage to the outside is created to connect the endo pedicle to the exo components.
Why should you choose an endo-exo fitting from ESKA Orthopaedic?
We are the original since 1999.
– We look back on several decades of experience in the field of endo-exo, from the beginnings of the first idea in the 1980s and its constant further development, which has enabled us to successfully perform hundreds of restorations in Germany and thousands of restorations worldwide.
The “Three H – Principle
– The open space structure allows the bone to grow up to, into and through the implant. The open space structure makes the implant one with the bone.
One-off procedure for lifelong enjoyment with short implant healing times
– Usually after about 10 to 12 years the implant loosens because it is not firmly anchored to the bone (no complete osseous integration). Another surgery is indicated to replace/re-cement the implant. This is not necessary with us due to the osseous integration.
– Modular expandable system e.g. after femoral neck fracture
– 110 different adaptation options to meet the individual needs of a patient, to support the optimal position of the femur in space and thus reduce stress on the implant.
– When applying for a NUB, reduction of (follow-up) costs compared to the conventional stem-guided prosthesis.
Here you can find selected files from our website that can be downloaded.